Thursday, January 21, 2010

BBQ - Rasberry? Vinegar?? Chicken??? And Guriru-Do

The Easy Griller is still staying inside more than usual. Which doesn't have much to do with this post's topic:
"Grilled Chicken Breasts in Raspberry Vinegar Marinade"
Annie H, on Recipezaar (March 13, 2000)

"This recipe was adopted from the RecipeZaar account. After making this myself, I found that the addition of a couple of tablespoons of seedless raspberry jam to the basting liquid really added a nice flavor. Use in the last few minutes of broiling or grilling as the jam will burn...."
The page says this takes 20 minutes to prepare. About 19 over what I prefer: but it may be worth it.

I did not know there was such a thing as "raspberry vinegar."

The Easy Griller has a son-in-law now, who is something of a gourmet cook. He's served the family some of his work - and it's a treat. I may, eventually, learn to appreciate doing something beyond basic food preparation, myself.

Don't get me wrong: I like to grill. A lot.

But fussing over marinades and that sort of thing? Not so much.

I think a great deal of grilling's appeal for me is that it gets me outside for a good fifteen minutes to an hour or so. And - the way I do it - leaves me free for most of that time to relax and watch the grass, trees and shed; listen to traffic, dogs, birds, or whatever; and let my mind dwell on what's around me.

Guriru-Do: The Way of the Grill

The Easy Griller, on Guriru-do:
"There is not the griller, the grill, the burgers, and the weather. There is only the grilling."
(August 1, 2007)
Vaguely-related posts:
A tip of the hat to bjinsidescoop, on Twitter, for the heads-up that there was such a thing as grilled raspberry chicken.

No comments: